Friday 9 September 2011

My recent work.

There seems to be high demand recently in my family for card. I've a few birthdays and my cousin has just had a little boy, so I've had to spend a bit of time making cards. It took me a bit of time to get settled into my new house and it was hard to get inspiration, so I wasn't hugely happy with my work. But some of it is nice, so here it is.

1. Mam And Dad's Anniversary Card.

This card is made on Anita's Square base card. I covered this with a slightly smaller base card in a turquoise colour from Co-ordinations card stock.  Using pattered paper from Prima Flowers Madeline 6x6 pad fit it on top of the turquoise card to create a frame and then glue thick strip of the turquoise card in the centre horizontally.
For the centre panel I used a square of the turquoise card, topped with maroon card which has been embossed using a polka-dot embossing press . I used Me To You Alphabet Silver Stickers on white card for the sentiment, these are handy because they are small and easy to manage. I then attached flowers from Papermania red hot capsule collection. and also small roses I bought in a haberdashery shop.

2. Green and Lace Thank You Card.

Very simple card to make, using cream base card, which I got in Tesco. Make a smaller square of Core'dinations 6" x 6" (15.2cm) cardstock in redish pink. On this put a smaller square of dark green paper, which has been embossed with a dry folder in a floral patteren. This paper can be bought anywhere, as I used an old scrap book.
Place a strip of antic lace across the green and pink square and secure using thin double sided tape. I got quite a good selection in Hickeys fabric and dress making store on Henry Street, Dublin.
 Cut a smaller rectangle of cream card and, using small floweral stamps , lightly print a few flowers in green in. Allow to dry and rub on "Thank You" with Doodlebug’s rub ons.  Stick this to a larger peice of pink card and attach this to larger square. Job Done!


I'll add more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment