Monday 28 November 2011

John Lewis Christmas Ads

I always know its Christmas time when I see the John Lewis Advert on TV.
 I don't know what it is about them, they just always seem to get the feeling perfectly. Last year I actually shed a tear to the one with Ellie Goolding sing "You Song". I don't know why, I don't even really like that song (mainly down to the fact I associate it with Moulin Rouge). The ad was just really sweet though.
See for yourselves:



 I also found a bit on the making of last years video.


So you can imagine how I felt when I saw  the new ad for Christmas 2011, with a Smiths song playing in the background. Grant it, Morrissey letting a large company like John Lewis use a cover of a song of his is a bit hypocritical, but in fairness, its quite tastefully done. There is something quite 1980's about the ad, the clothes, housing, the mum in the kitchen. Its actually kind of similar to the context of Morrissy and Marr. I love the way its not in your face Christmasy, like Coka Cola or Marks and Spencers. It seems to be more about giving a gift then the product itself. I like that.



 Lovely. I feel lovely and Christmasy now!

It would help if we actually had John Lewis in Ireland though!













No comments:

Post a Comment